Friday, April 27, 2012

DISK JOCKEY

I could never work as a disk jockey.  It looks like the easiest job in the universe from the surface.  You don't get to write or perform your own music.  You're performing somebody else's music for the masses.  It's like being a parking attendant.  You don't own the car that you're parking in the parking garage.  You're just driving it for somebody else for a few minutes and getting paid for it.  Yeah, I tried to be a disk jockey for all of ten minutes.  And ten minutes is all it took for me to end up clearing out the dance floor a hour early.  I ended up picking the wrong tunes.  I picked the write tunes, but I played them in the wrong order.  Whatever the case may be, I was never meant to be a disk jockey.  And I discovered the hard way that being a disk jockey isn't nearly as simple as it appeared to be on the surface.  And I learned to appreciate disk jockeys a little bit more.  Gentle Reader, I'm not sure what that popped into my head.  I just needed to express that for you all.



































While I'm thinking about disk jockeys, here are some photos or rock star  Laura Pergolizzi aka LP.

No comments: