Sunday, December 11, 2011

THIRTY-THREE MONTHS IN CLEVELAND, OHIO

So I've been a resident of Cleveland, Ohio for the past thirty-three months.  That's only three months away from three years of residence in Cleveland, Ohio.  I never realized that almost three years could fly past so quickly.  Do I have any regrets about the year 2011 now that it's almost over?  Well, the biggest regret is one that regards employment.  It would be nice if I were employed longer than two months and almost one week for the entire year 2011.  It's sad that I spent almost ten months going job hunting without anything to show for it.  Yes, I know that the Great Recession is going on.  Yet, it would be nice if some progress has been made regarding employment.
I spent most of the year 2009, 2010 and 2011 going backwards instead of forward.  I went from having my own apartment, having two employers to earn $10,000 a year annually and never missing rent payments to this hopeless situation.  I'm back to living in my Mom's house, I'm earning unemployment compensation and I've been employed for only two months and almost one week out of twelve months in 2011.  It's not fun going backwards instead of forward.  There has to be a better way of living.  I'm not discouraged.  I'm going to keep filling out job application forms until I finally find employment again. 



































While I'm filling out lots of job application forms, here are some photos of Madonna Ciccone.

No comments: